A 13-year-old boy died in an inferno at Buipe, capital of the Cnetral Gonja District on Friday dawn.
The deceased identified as Ibrahim Musah had been sleeping at an electronic shop when the fire disaster happened.
Savannah Regional Fire Commander, Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Kwasi Baffour Awuah, who disclosed this, said his men received a distress call about the fire around 4 am upon which they rushed to the scene located near the Buipe Bridge, over the Black Volta.
According to him the boy’s body was burnt beyond recognition, but has since been handed over to his family for burial in accordance with Islamic customs.
Mr. Baffour-Awuah said the fire swept completely, two shops leaving the third partially destroyed.
“The categories of fires that dominated in the years 2019 and 2020 fire outbreaks were domestic fires which are 56 out of the total of the 135 fire outbreaks recorded in 2019 and 2020 followed by commercial fires of 25”, the Fire Commander stated.
Mr. Baffuor Awuah advised the public to be vigilant during these times especially when using candles and oil lamps because it is the dry season and naked fires can easily explode into full-blown fires.