The National Communications Officer of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Sammy Gyamfi says the next NDC government will investigate and prosecute all government appointees believed to have engaged in any fraudulent activity whiles in office.
He mentioned specifically the Power Distribution Service (PDS) deal, which was suspended in August last year over alleged breaches of the power concession.
Sammy Gyamfi whiles addressing the NDC’s weekly press conference said Ghana lost over 1.8 billion Ghana cedis during the period of the concession agreement, but the Akuffo Addo government has refused to prosecute the individuals involved.
He said the next NDC government under the leadership of John Dramani Mahama will not engage in political vindictiveness where political opponents are witch-hunted without any crime, but will build a peaceful and a united nation when voted into office.
“As President Mahama demonstrated between 2012-2016, when he ensured the prosecution of his own appointees and party members in the YEA scandal involving Abuga Pele and Assibit, the NSS pay roll fraud scandal among others, President Mahama will not be a clearing agent of corruption in the next NDC government”, Sammy Gyamfi added.
He also stated that “President Mahama shall ensure the judicious utilization of state resources for the development of the country through far-reaching policies such as his Agenda 1m jobs policy, free primary health care program, national apprenticeship program, free TVET program for the benefit of all Ghanaians”.
The NDC national communications officer also said the victory of the NDC is assured with what he described as the wind of change blowing across the country where Ghanaians are yearning for the return of John Dramani Mahama as President.
Sammy Gyamfi indicated that, Ghanaians are tired of the many failed promises and the hardship under the Nana Addo led government and are willing to make the charge come December 7.
Story by: Edward A. Ken-Zorre.